Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 6: Sand

There is a natural rhythm that I have adopted. I wake in the morning, and work til late in the afternoon before retiring to write my log, and sleep. It is very relaxing keeping time like this, although I don't have to. I lack any sort of clock. The rhythm feels familiar. Perhaps I will look into finding a way to tell time soon.



I finally solved my food problem when a stray pig arrived at my house early in the morning. He looked rather curious as to my construction. Now he looks like bacon. It's all in the natural order of things after all.

I decided to take a break from my usual work, and head out into the forest to find some sand. I found a decent pile which I dug up and carried back to my cabin. It took a couple trips to get all of it over, but in the end it got there.

The rest of the day I spend making glass in my oven. I had a small pile of coal which heated up enough to allow me to make a nice 6 pane window at the front of the cabin.
I also started on my workshop to the side of the house. No reason to have sawdust scattered in the living quarters after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment