Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 8: Zero Point

I've woken up with a new attitude. I nearly froze last night. I need to finish this shelter as soon as possible. It is a shame, seeing as I will not have time to make the library, but I will manage. After all my survival is imperative if I am to get these flowery words out to society.

I dart forth from my house at the first sign of daybreak, and stop when I hear the sounds of animals nearby. I crept over to their source to find a heard of cows which have found their way to my spring. I guess I eat beef tonight.
I managed to get up to my mine, and gather some stone. I have a rough idea on how to make shingles out of stone. However the process isn't all that efficient so I might need a lot of stone.

On my way back to the house with my load of stone, I noticed how foggy it has been. I can't see the hilltops around me. Luckily I don't need to travel far from my home for anything I might need. I do however travel outside of visible distance from my home in order to gather more wood.
After I gather the wood, I begin working on what will be my roof. The interior is complete, although I still need a back door. I don't have time for that right now.
I hope to finish my house very soon. Although for tonight, I will be sleeping next to my oven. I hope it will keep me warm throughout the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment